Question

Order of category menu on "create new topic" page

• 30 April 2021
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have set the order of my community parent categories and categories but see that the category selection menu when a user posts a new topic is not appearing in the same order. 

Something I’m missing in the setup?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Scott,

I also noticed this on another community today. I don't know the exact reason for this but I am speaking to the product team to get more information on this. I will share it with you once I received an update!

@Julian did you happen to find anything out? Wondering if this is a bug or needs a Support ticket opened.

Adding some more details. I noticed this shows up in a different order from what the parent categories and categories are in. In some cases it seems to mix up the parent order but doesn’t touch the categories within, in other cases the parent and the child categories are both mixed up, in others the parent is fine and the categories are mixed up.

Makes for a lousy experience for everyone and increased potential that content gets posted to the wrong category.

In Control:

In Destination

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for checking and adding this here. The product team is currently investigating what actually determines the order in the destination page.

I unfortunately expected some differences also between the destination and the Control Environment, due to “historical growth” which I also would like to be improved of course. But I did not expect it to be different to this extend. @xiaoyu-shen / @Ati Somos I think this is valuable feedback for you as well!

This is still happening and wonder if there is a fix on the horizon for this. Or should we open a ticket@Julian? It’s a rather lousy experience for our community members and leads often to things being posted in the wrong category.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Sorry, I was out of office for a couple of days, so it took a bit for me to get back to you on this.

I have spoken with the team, indeed we will create a bug ticket as this does not seem to be the expected behaviour. I will follow the ticket and keep you posted once there is an update!