Question

Opting out of badges

• 21 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have a user who really does not want any ranks for himself nor does he want any badges.

is it possible for users to opt-out from ranks and badges?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Suvi Lehtovaara!  Yes we occasionally find that there are community members who really don’t want to have anything to do with ranks and badges.  🙂 In the personal profile settings it’s possible to turn off the displaying of both.  When these settings are enabled the rank title and the badges no longer display in topics and on the user’s profile page.

Badge

Hi @Suvi Lehtovaara!  Yes we occasionally find that there are community members who really don’t want to have anything to do with ranks and badges.  🙂 In the personal profile settings it’s possible to turn off the displaying of both.  When these settings are enabled the rank title and the badges no longer display in topics and on the user’s profile page.

Hi @Kenneth R , thanks for the quick answer!

He actually already know this and has the display turned off. But we’re sending out PM’s that notify the user that they’ve received a badge… And he gets furious whenever he receives a notification about a new badge / rank.

I wouldn’t want to disable the notifications for everyone because of this one (rather active) user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Ah, I see.  I don’t believe there’s any way to entirely disable badges for just one user, but you could get him out of the rank ‘ladder’ by manually assigning a rank, just like you do with moderators and staff members.  You could create another rank at the top of your ranking structure for this with a neutral title (which nobody would see anyway as this user has the display setting turned off).  This wouldn’t solve your badge challenge, but as you have a lot more ranks than badges on your community maybe this will help?

Badge

Ah, I see.  I don’t believe there’s any way to entirely disable badges for just one user, but you could get him out of the rank ‘ladder’ by manually assigning a rank, just like you do with moderators and staff members.  You could create another rank at the top of your ranking structure for this with a neutral title (which nobody would see anyway as this user has the display setting turned off).  This wouldn’t solve your badge challenge, but as you have a lot more ranks than badges on your community maybe this will help?

Well that’s a pity, the badges in particular are a big issue for this user and there’s no fix for that :confused:

I’ve been trying to fix this by revoking his badges but that made it even worse as the automation grants them to him again and again :face_palm: