Solved

New reply fastlinks/jumplinks in the Recently Active feed choke on Ideas posts

• 15 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I’ve come across another minor glitch that I can only reproduce on inSpired right now as it’s not turned on in the other places I’ve checked.

What’s the problem?

I’ve noticed the Recently Active feed here on inSpired has a really useful indicator that tells me how many new comments were posted on a thread since I last check it, and allows me to fast jump directly the first new comment in the thread (it’s the blue text with X new). But I’ve come across a slight snag.

It works great for Question and Conversation posts, but seems to choke on Ideas and crashes the server. I suspect it’s because of the way the two modules work.

How can I make it happen?

1. Ask another member to post on any Idea thread
  2. Check the Recently Active feed
  3. Try to click on the blue X new text to fast jump to the reply

What should happen when I do this?

I am taken directly to the first new post in the thread

What happens instead?

The server chokes and throws a general error. This only applies to Idea threads.

icon

Best answer by Julian 15 April 2021, 16:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey so I just stumbled on this... Sorry for keeping you hanging so long, but thanks a lot for such a clear and detailed description, I am always very happy to see that! Makes it easy to escalate it directly into jira. :wink:

This already has been picked up and fixed. During this period we were all really busy (hence we missed to respond here as well) working on the release of the new ideation module, this was one of the items we needed to solve in order to release this completely new module. This is also why you saw this issue: As we built this module seperately, there was a mixup with the id in the recently active tab which caused our platform to fail in finding the right direction. Thankfully, as we are migrating our communities over one-by-one, not many communities besides ours were affected by this bug.