Solved

Mega menu is not hiding pages based on role / permission?

• 14 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

We have ideas restricted to our employees and partners currently (set by custom role). It seems like a bug that the Ideas link appears in the top navigation for everyone - even when you aren’t signed in. Our Knowledgebase is also restricted and you don’t see it when you aren’t signed in. 

Is this a bug? Shouldn’t ideas only appear in the header nav if you have access to it? 

icon

Best answer by Marion Frecaut 1 June 2021, 10:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Kgastaldo , as far as I know, the top navigation is universal and not at all tied to permissions/user roles. 

A few weeks back, @Shane1 mentioned to us that adding the ability to permission certain widgets based on user role was somewhere on the road map. Although I’m not sure if that would work within a widget like the navigation menu. 

Hello @Kgastaldo and @DannyPancratz indeed we planning to have permissions apply to the modules links in the Mega Menu. Meaning that your ideation section would not be visible to everyone in the Mega Menu but only users who can access it.

@DannyPancratz what are your concerns about this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Kgastaldo I just wanted you to know that I will change the title of this topic, to make it easier to find for others. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Marion Frecaut 

@DannyPancratz what are your concerns about this?

No concerns! My “I’m not sure that would work” meant I wasn’t sure if the Mega Menu worked the same way as other widgets, and my conversation with Shane was more about permissions of widgets like quick links, etc on the home page, not the Mega Menu. 

My feelings are the opposite of concerns, actually; I am very excited for these improvements when they’re ready. It perfectly fits the type of guided experience my colleagues and I hope to deliver for different personas, user roles, etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I agree it would be very cool and a big leap towards a much more personalized experience for each user, I will try to work on some cool use cases to share them here  when this comes.

@DannyPancratz Great to hear! Thanks for sharing all the extra input :)

Hello @Kgastaldo @DannyPancratz I wanted to let you now that from now on permissions apply to the Mega Menu for the Ideation and Product updated modules. For each end user, their permissions will condition whether they see the link to those modules in the Mega Menu. :grinning:

Good to know: If you wish to always display the link to the ideation and Product updates modules disregarding the permissions, you can use custom links and hide the modules