Question

"Join the conversation" on RSS feed

• 4 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi folks - using the RSS feed (https://<communityURL>/feed/topics for those that don’t know). When I plug the URL into my RSS client (“feeder” since it was the first item in the chrome store), the title of the community is “Joined the Conversation” - you can see this in the RSS XML:

<title>Join the conversation</title>
<link>https://community.blah.com</link>
<description>On the Forum you can ask questions or take part in discussions.</description>

Does anyone know how to change the title and description for this XML?

4 replies

Hi @dandre so this can be set in your ‘Customisation’ → ‘Site identity’ part of your control environment. The specific fields you’ll need to change will be these two:

Please note that this will also set the site <head> title and <meta> description tag for the community too :slight_smile:

Hi @dandre so this can be set in your ‘Customisation’ → ‘Site identity’ part of your control environment. The specific fields you’ll need to change will be these two:

Please note that this will also set the site <head> title and <meta> description tag for the community too :slight_smile:

Hey Tom. It is correct in the meta tags but still showing the wrong value. You mean we need to add something like this into “third party scripts” ? does this impact other meta attributes like keywords?

<title>Our community name</title>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="description" content="Community Forum">

@tom.shaddock we’re experiencing the same issue. The tags are set correctly in the site identity but the RSS feed shows ‘Join the Conversation’ and ‘On the Forum you can ask questions or take part in discussions.’

I’ve raised a case with support.

Hi All so the way to control this is actually via the Customisation > Phrases tool (my bad!) rather than the site identity page. There are 3 new phrases that need to be added in order to customise the text - those phrases are:

Module:

Forum Metatags
Key:

Ask your question

Module:

Forum Metatags

Key:

On the {forum} you can ask for help or participate in discussions.

Module:

Forum Metatags

Key:

community.name

They should look like this once done (screenshot from @TimBers community :grinning: ):

Phrases tool is available on this page in control: /settings/translation/overview

Hope this helps!