Solved

Issues with New search on Overview page

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I noticed on the new version of InSided, I’m having trouble searching for topic titles in the Overview screen. For example, if I search the word “bad” I don’t see any titles of threads with that keyword. However, when I go to the frontend environment and search within the community, I can find all the titles with the word “bad” in it.

I know I can click the control option and open that thread in the backend, but I thought you should be able to easily search for keywords that appear in the topic title within the overview page. Is there an issue with search?

icon

Best answer by daniel.boon 12 November 2020, 09:44

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hey @tmo_mike_c, thanks for your question.

We shipped an improvement to the search on the moderation overview page yesterday to make it return more relevant results.

The search on the overview now returns any topics with an exact match on the keyword phrase you enter either in the topic title OR in the topic content (this is similar to how the frontend search works). Before it was splitting the keywords up and searching for any topic that had any of the keywords (which returned a lot of results 😓) Let me know if it’s working any better for you!

@Aliya I heard from @Yoeri that you were having similar issues searching for ideas with an exact match on topic titles. I believe the change we made should help - let me know what you think!

Sorry for the delay but I did test out searching a specific topic title and was able to find it on the new version. Thanks!