Question

Is there only one place to add notes to a user profile?

• 9 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Let’s say you have a user account you want to add moderator notes to (on their profile). From what I’m seeing, the ONLY place to do that is when you’re viewing content they have authored and you click on the profile button.

What if they haven’t created any content but you still want to leave a moderator note about them...am I missing a way to do this? I don’t see any notes option when you’re just viewing a person’s profile from the Control panel.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Becky & welcome to our community! :)

It is true that this is the only way to add / see notes of a user. Usually it is not a problem, as most of the times the user already has activity on the community when you want to add a note.

The reason as to why this is not on the profile page (as far as I know) is that this was once implemented as a first counter measure against spammers, so it got implemented this way and never was added to the actual profile page.

We have received this feedback before, and I heard that we are currently investigating improvements to the user profile pages - hopefully we can take this as an opportunity to also include the notes to the actual profile page of a user.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions or feedback around this!

Thank you, Julian. Appreciate it.

Badge

I second this idea / need to include the user profile notes to the actual user profile, as it would be much easier for the team to do community management (e.g. when we have to ban users for a certain time and we want to document it). It’s an inconvenience every time the team first has to find user content instead of just going to the user profile to check the notes history.

Hi, has this been submitted as an idea? I would like to upvote this feature also.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @KevyM ?,

There is this very old idea which you might want to comment and vote on to see if it can regain some traction:

In the replies, there is a workaround mentioned where you could add a hidden Profile Field to add moderator notes to a user’s profile in control. If you have an immediate need for something like this that would be the best approach as adding a notes section to the profile page in control is not currently on the roadmap.