Solved

Is there a way to create a report for accounts that don't sync in Salesforce?

Hi all -

It appears some of our users accounts are not syncing with Salesforce. I am thinking it is because of one of the following reasons - 

1. They aren’t using the email associated with SF
  2. They aren’t a contact in Salesforce
  3. They have an updated email address and we should update in Salesforce

For whatever the reason we’d like to be able to run a report that captures who is not syncing to Salesforce so we can use that data to update records, etc.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by DannyPancratz 30 June 2022, 15:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @ryanne.perry 

Thanks for the question.

I am asking around internally if there is anything we can suggest.

Happy Monday!! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @ryanne.perry 

Speaking with our engineers, I am sorry to say this is currently NOT feasible.

I encourage you to create an idea as I am sure this would be a good addition to the capability.

Alistair

Thanks @Alistair FIeld 

I put this Idea in - did I enter in the right area, Analytics and Reporting? Or should it be integrations?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi, @ryanne.perry we setup a Zapier automation to create a new Salesforce contact when it doesn’t exist.

That way, we get very close to 100% match and the SFDC data is accurate for us to build reports and dashboards off of. 

But I like your idea and voted for it. Hopefully the suggestion above helps you get to a long term fix, but I’m not quite sure how to address those that have previously not synced. 

Thanks @DannyPancratz! Is there a ‘how-to’ instructions for the Zapier automation to create a new Salesforce contact when it doesn’t exist?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@ryanne.perry I have a question out to my team for more details on how we did this, but I’m pretty sure we leverage this Zapier action for Salesforce

https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/integrations

I’m not 100% positive, but I believe our trigger is the New Contact zapier trigger from Insided

https://zapier.com/apps/insided/integrations

The tricky part is the in between, but the overall Zap is probably something like: 

1. New User (Insided Trigger)
  2. Find Record (Salesforce Action)
  3. [some type of filtering for only go forward if record is not found / blank]
  4. Create Contact (Salesforce Action) based on data provided from step 1

As I type that out, I see that there’s a Salesforce App that might consolidate steps 2-4. But I haven’t used it personally and I’m waiting to hear back from our team on our actual setup. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Confirmed

That’s exactly what we ended up doing - we basically have a zap that checks to see if a contact record exists in SFDC with the same email address.  If it exists, we do nothing - if it doesn’t exist we create the contact using the details from the insided user record

Badge +1

@DannyPancratz is 100% correct :-)

We always link to this post that answers these questions: https://community.insided.com/got%2Da%2Dquestion%2D38/create%2Da%2Dzap%2Dto%2Dfind%2Dadd%2Dsfdc%2Dcontacts%2Dwhen%2Dnew%2Dmembers%2Djoin%2D3851?postid=18551#post18551

I’ll see if I can take some time in the near future to turn it into a cleaner article, which also explains what additional steps you could take inbetween.

Cheers,
Bas