Solved

Is there a way to add a pop-up to prompt community sign-ups?

• 2 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hey All, 

I know I will need dev resources from my team for this, but I’d like to know if anyone else has successfully installed a pop-up on their community website, so that when new users visit, they are prompted to create an account. 

Any details/instructions that I can pass on to development would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by aluciani 4 June 2020, 18:38

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hi @Briana Okyere 

Not sure if you’ve seen this or if it’s what you were looking for https://community.insided.com/ideas/127?postid=1971#post1971

Thanks

@aluciani thanks! Yes it’s the same request I made. But has anyone come up with a solution?

Badge

If I recall correctly @Briana Okyere There were challenges with using single-sign on vs the regular signup. There was a link somewhere to just the signup page but not a popup. Let me see if I can find it and share. Doesn’t answer your question but might be a workaround.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I think this could be a good way to convert visitors into registered / active users. In general, I would suggest to highlight all benefits a registration would bring (e.g. “get notifications and never miss on important announcements”, “collaborate with other professionals”, etc.).

It is true that there are dedicated pages for registration and login:

community.insided.com/member/login

community.insided.com/member/register

However these should not be used if you are only using an SSO login, of course.

In the other thread someone mentioned external tools like usabilla. With those you can set up a nice logic e.g. only show this to visitors who have been browsing for more than x minutes. The downside here is that most of them are paid solutions, so additonal costs would be created.

There probably is also an easier way just to show a pop-up window only to non-logged in users after x amount of minutes. Unfortunately I am also not technically advanced enough to elaborate on the specifics, maybe @tom.shaddock can do that.

Also, I know that we are currently investigating improvements to increase the visitor conversion. If I see that something matching your request is likely to be on our roadmap for the upcoming quarter, I will update you with more details.