Solved

Is there a master list of all snippets we can use in system emails?

• 23 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’m specifically looking for a way to preview the contents of a private message in that email notification. 

But generally I’m curious if there’s a reference doc for all available snippets. 

icon

Best answer by Jeanie Lee 28 July 2021, 15:13

View original

3 replies

Hi @DannyPancratz. There certainly is a reference doc! In the article below, Julian reviews all email variables. Some of these variables involve showing preview snippets of replies and topics. 

However, we do not have one listed for a private message preview. Since the other preview snippets are {topic_content} and {reply_content}, you may be able to use something like {pm_content} or {message_content}.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Jeanie Lee thanks for your help on this. 

However, it’s not quite what I was hoping for. Julian’s guide is setup with all the standard variables for each system email. What I’m looking for is a complete list of variables we might be able to use, including things outside the standard/obvious use case. 

As yo mention, there’s not one listed for private message preview, but there might be one… Ideally, there’d be a guide (or a resource in control) that lists what all those variables are. I’m looking to see what’s possible, what “tools” i have to work with, etc. 

Hi @DannyPancratz 

I checked with our product/dev team: Currently, only these public facing variables exist for use. Whereas for our phrases, there are several hidden phrases that we do not have publicly listed. 

I would recommend creating an idea if you’re interested in expanding the variable library and listing the use cases. However, I can confirm that the product team would not offer a preview snippet of private messages for security reasons, unfortunately!