Question

Image caption bug

• 29 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Insided, 

I am having issues today when posting an article topic with images. These images and their associated captions are not publishing correctly on the front end. Removing, reading etc doesn’t work. 

Anyone else effected?

I’ll raise a ticket whilst i wait

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hmm strange, I don’t know of a general issue. I just tried it and published an article (with hero image and with an image embedded) and I could not see any issues.

Are you sure it is not an issue with a certain image individually? I mean the platform should flag to you if the image is too large, the file size is not compatible or if we cannot process it for any other reason.

Maybe good if you not just include the article where you observed this, but also provide the assets which you used. Or did you publish multiple articles and different images? I checked on your community but I could not find anything...

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s a weird issue, @Julian, 3 images in total, all images upload OK, and sometimes a caption appears as it should. If I go back and edit the topic, remove the image with the dodgy caption format, re-add them, that image appears correctly and the others revert to the incorrect format. 

Topic is here

Images are:

Caption test 1

Caption test 2
Caption test 3

Userlevel 1
Badge

All captions have worked in this example comment ^ 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

hmm, I think the fact that you are editing could be related. I sometimes see weird behaviour from the editor when a topic is more complex and uses “stacked” editor feature (random example: a caption in an image, within a quote, followed by a bullet list). However I don’t feel your article is that complex in this regard, also it should not be so severe and render an image in the wrong format.

Probably best if the developers have a look. Could you add a few details how this looks / behaves when it happens? Is the then image not loaded at all, or what do you see then exactly?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Julian here’s the behaviour of the caption/non caption when published: