Solved

Idea status updates as replies? Can you hide, turn that off, or change the text?

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Is there a way to hide the status update replies to ideas? Or is there a way to not trigger the system email for when an idea has it’s status updated?

We’re using ideation functionality for a different use case and these emails are less than ideal. 

I’m hoping I can disable the system notification for just ideas and that it doesn’t apply to all topics. 

icon

Best answer by daniel.boon 22 February 2021, 15:00

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hey @DannyPancratz  - there is currently no way to hide the status update replies to ideas or to avoid triggering the system email generated when this reply is auto-added to the idea.

As a side note on the off chance it might be useful: the text of this auto-reply (what shows before the status pills) can be customised to say something different.

Phrase details:

• Module: Common
  • Key: reply.idea.status.changed
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks, @daniel.boon that side note would be helpful, as we’re using alternate phrasing for that with our ideation module. However, I’m not seeing that that phrase to customize in our control > customization > phrases > (searched by common)

cc: ​​​​@Shane1 

Badge

This one’s a ‘hidden phrase’ so you’ll need to add it as described below:

How to add a phrase

1. Navigate to Control → Customization → Phrases.
  2. Click Add phrase
  3. Add Module and Key in the details panel
  4. Provide Translations (the text you want) in the Translations panel
  5. Click Save changes, your new phrase should be applied