Solved

I created a cname record that points to our insided page, but it's not working.

When I create a cname record (subdomain) from our site and point it to our insided page, it doesn’t work. I get the following response:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Bad request. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: …

Has anyone done this before or know how to get it to work?

icon

Best answer by Shane1 4 May 2020, 18:11

View original

4 replies

@macgregor.thompson which community are you adding the cname record for? Once the cname has been added by you, we need to attach an SSL certificate for the domain, and then our development team needs to switch the domain from the temporary inSided one to your domain.

So the reason you’re likely seeing that error message is because a change is needed on our end. Once I know what community you’re working on I will be able to help further.

thanks for the reply!  The community is “ninety-en-community.insided.com”.  The subdomain I was trying to set up was “community.ninety.io”.   I added a cname record that points community.ninety.io to ninety-en-community.insided.com.  Is there something else I need to do?

@macgregor.thompson that’s all thats needed from your end. We will need to install an SSL certificate and then we will switch over the domain

Awesome. Thank you!