Solved

Hyperlinks not visible on private messages

• 23 November 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

hi all, 

I can see we can hyperlink text on private messages. However, the hyperlinked text looks exactly the same than the rest so it’s not obvious where to click. See below

In this sentence the words “in this thread” are hyperlinked, but you have to guess it. 

Any known solutions to this?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Gabolino 11 December 2020, 13:26

The problem is styling @Moller Toma , URLs are inhering our brand colour, which is black, so nobody can see them. I need to add some extra bbcode to make them visible, @Yoeri helped with that luckily. 

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Gabolino

Do you use a BBCode for what you want to hyperlink?

For example: This be bbcode.org! 

This is how you use it: 

See also the next topic. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Gabolino

This is how you use it: 

See also the next topic. 

Yep, all done via bbcode. The link works, but the text format doesn't change which makes it difficult to know where to click. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Gabolino

This is how you use it: 

See also the next topic. 

Yep, all done via bbcode. The link works, but the text format doesn't change which makes it difficult to know where to click. 

That is odd. It does work in our community. Maybe you can mail support@insided.com to discuss your challenge. Perhaps it is a bug. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I just did @Moller Toma, it’s quite annoying this but nobody can see those hyperlinks and they are not visiting the posts we send on welcome private message. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Gabolino

This is how you use it: 

See also the next topic. 

That is odd. It does work in our community. Maybe you can mail support@insided.com to discuss your challenge. Perhaps it is a bug. 

Can you try and send me a hyperlinked text via private message? To see how it looks here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Got it @Moller Toma , extra question if I may, did you have to add the hyperlink via the back end or can you do it from the front end pm editor? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I added the hyperlink via the front end pm editor by going to your profile and clicking on the email icon. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I added the hyperlink via the front end pm editor by going to your profile and clicking on the email icon. 

interesting, via bbcode?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The problem is styling @Moller Toma , URLs are inhering our brand colour, which is black, so nobody can see them. I need to add some extra bbcode to make them visible, @Yoeri helped with that luckily. 

Userlevel 7

You can insert an HTML URL in the private message and add additional attributes to style the link.

<a href="url" style="text-decoration: underline; color: #ffa000;">Click here</a>

text-decoration: underline; adds an underline to the links
color: #ffa000; adds a color to the URL

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have tested it, but it does not seem to be working. The link remains plain text, and I put a url in it. 

Userlevel 7

Hi Moller, 

We’re talking particularly about the private message that is sent when a users receives a new rank, that is the one you can additional html attributes too:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Okay, I was confused with another question from @Gabolino. It is about sharing links via private messages.