How to send automated private messages from Administrator?

• 28 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Adjusting badges I found weird situation.

I enabled the "Send private message" option.

I can choose as a Sender only accounts from Community Managers or Moderators preset role.

On the other side, user can be assigned only with one of preset roles (as a Primary role).

I have Administrators Primary Role, which I assume has to have all available permissions and abilities on the community.

BUT I cannot specify myself as a Sender of automated private messages because I'm not in the Community Managers or Moderators user group. And I cannot set other preset Roles as a Secondary role to have this ability. Why Admin cannot be a Sender? I assume Admin has all rights and other roles just inherit any parts of Admin's rights.

5 replies

Hi @Rodion ,

The primary roles of moderator, community manager and admin we have currently can be confusing and we understand there is a room for improvement. So each different primary role has been designed for different purposes and that is not entirely correct that Admin has all the rights and there are a few exceptions.

You can only choose moderators or community managers as a sender of private message for new ranks and badges. I can discuss this with product team if it's possible to add admins as sender as well but this will take a while.

Maybe as a temporary solution you change your primary role to community manager.
@Maryam thanks for the answer.

Can I see a comparison of those three roles? Simply to understand which kind of permissions is lost for each one.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Can I see a comparison of those three roles? Simply to understand which kind of permissions is lost for each one.

I am already working on a topic about exactly that! 🙂 Will share the topic with you once it is done.
Pretty nice:)
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Maybe an option (for now) would also be to create a dummy account that you use to send this notification. The positive effect would be that your inbox stays clean, the negative effect would be that you do not see if somebody replies to that message.

You could however minimize this risk by adding a disclaimer, something like: This is an automated message that you cannot respond to.