Question

How to see or be notified when a user achieves a new rank

• 27 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Our team is needing to find an easy way to be notified when a user reaches a new rank. We are wanting to send them swag. But we have not found an easy way to do this. 

We can create a report of the users that are in that rank - but it does not show us “when” they were assigned that rank. 

Any ideas/suggestions?

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @Hannah Bailey,

You are able to set up an automated private message / email when users get a new rank:

However, if I understood correctly, you’re looking to send this message to admins as well? 

@leo-inspired Hey, I am on Hannah’s team. As an admin, I would like to be notified when someone reaches the next rank. We have the private message & email set up for our users. 😄

We do send a PM to the user that achieves that rank. But we need reporting for our end on who and when they get to that rank…. so we can send that user swag. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @Hannah Bailey and @KathrynMCarter, thanks for clarifying this.

So actually, this automated message is saved on the sender’s inbox on private messages. Would that help? It would only notify one user however (the sender).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Another option here would be to create a new segment that you can use the columns “Badges” - then it would automatically update when there’s a new user with a badge. If you’d like I can show you how to do this but basically would be like this:

@leo-inspired For the segment suggestion, I have the segment set up. I had 60 people in it one day. The next day, there was another person who had earned that title. However, I wanted to know who that one person is that entered the segment overnight. There was no way to know who had joined. 

Can I adjust who the email or PM is sent to? If I could adjust for the email to come to me but for the PM to send to the user? That would be a great workaround if I could make it happen. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

With the segments, as you mentioned, it doesn’t show new users but since this feature is still on beta, I believe this is something our engineering team could work on building, so it does show new users. Would that be the best solution for you?

Regarding the email, I’m afraid that’s not possible - you can’t add another email to notify yourself. With the private message, you can select one sender and this user will be the only one notified.

@leo-inspired What I ended up doing was, we changed the person the PM notification came from to myself so I would have a record of it in my messages. 

With segments, a notification of some kind when a new user joins the segment would be helpful! Or sorting with the date it matched to enter the segment.