Solved

How to edit colors on tags?

• 1 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to edit colors on tags? I especially want to edit the hover over color, eiter edit the fill of the box or the text color or both. I do not find the correct box in "control"
icon

Best answer by bjoern_schulze 6 August 2019, 10:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
It is not possible to individually control the colors of the tag pill. In a default state the tag will show the 'text color' and 'border color'. On hover state the text- and border color will inherit the color defined in 'branded color', which is blue in our case.
Badge
Hi @Ragnhild Byrkjeland,

even though it is not possible to have individual colors using the default color settings (on /branding#colors), you can use "Third-party Scripts" to overrule the defaults and have your own color and background-color for the tags. You need to know and write some CSS.

Go to "Settings" -> "Third-party Scripts" and write the following into the first text field (Insert in HEAD):

If you already have the "style" element, then you only need to write the actual CSS:

code:
  .post__footer ul.public-tags li:hover a {
color:#ff33ff;
background-color:#660066;
}

This will change the text color of your tags to pink (#ff33ff) and the background-color to violet (#660066) when you hover the tags. You can change the color codes to any HTML color you want to.

Attention: Always use Third-party scripts and custom CSS at your own risk. I (and inSided) cannot guarantee that it works without regressions. Please ask someone who knows CSS for help.