Solved

How to determine how many people are subscribe?

• 29 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
Is there a way to determine how many people subscribe to a particular forum.

I have several folks that have seen the subscribe button and wondering how many people have taken advantage of it for a particular forum. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Julian 1 November 2018, 09:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey aluciani,

at the moment this is not possible for you to check, as we do not show this data in an export or in a Dashboard.

I am currently investigating how we can give you access to this type of information. We do record it when a user clicks on "subscribe" on a topic or a subforum, it is just a matter of "unlocking" it for you by adding this data to a dashboard.

We would like to enable you to see every action which we are recording on your community - however as these records are not all in the same location, we need to do some work before you can benefit from these insights.

Cheers,

Julian
Badge
Thanks @Julian

I was also thinking about submitting to the ideation board - maybe others might be interested as well. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
yes, feel free to do that, if you like! Maybe interesting to hear if others are interested in this as well (though I would assume that is the case).

But this is on my personal agenda anyways, so rest assured it is well on my radar. 😃 🔭
Badge
@aluciani

There's probably a way to tag these clicks in your own web analytics solution, if you have one 🙂
Hey aluciani,

at the moment this is not possible for you to check, as we do not show this data in an export or in a Dashboard.

I am currently investigating how we can give you access to this type of information. We do record it when a user clicks on "subscribe" on a topic or a subforum, it is just a matter of "unlocking" it for you by adding this data to a dashboard.

We would like to enable you to see every action which we are recording on your community - however as these records are not all in the same location, we need to do some work before you can benefit from these insights.

Cheers,

Julian

Hi @Julian, what's the status?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey!

Good question, this is still something which is not available yet - however we are making some good progress in this direction:

We have just started to forward the first batch of tracked events to Google Analytics - these are all about actions on the homepage (e.g. clicks on Quick links, widgets etc.). This means now you can see how certain items on your homepage are performing. We will share some news around this in the next days.

The next step then is to add more events, including topic / category subscriptions. This way you should be able to measure how many people are following certain areas in the community.

Further down the road we also want to give you this info in a dashboard, so that you can check it more easily.

To have this info in the dashboard is still a vision, so we cannot say exactly when this will be realized - but we understand that this info would be really valuable for you (and for me as well). So we will work on getting this realized.

Would having this info in Google Analytics work for you for now, or do you not use it yourself?
Hi @Julian,

Thanks for the update. I'm interested in this info in Google Analytics. I'm looking forward to receiving it from you.
Badge +1

Just adding to this - We’d love to have the ability to see number of subscribers as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Please vote up