Question

How to create a redirect link in InSided?

• 29 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I did a search for this ahead of time to see if anyone has already asked this, but maybe I’m not using the right key-terms here. 

Anyhow, I was wondering if there’s a way to do a redirect link in InSided Community? I’m no coding guru, so bear with me, but I am trying to create a redirect link so that I can track a particular funnel for attribution. For instance, we are running a test where we want to promote our community to Shopify users, so we want to use a link like “community.Klaviyo.com/shopify” so that we can track it without having to build a UTM parameter for it (which is clunkier and we don’t have the ability to make the link clickable, so someone would have to copy and paste a long link). 

Looking to see if you guys have any suggestions for me on this!
Thanks, 
-Cass. 

1 reply

Badge

As of today inSided doesn’t offer redirect settings where you could input a source URL and a target URL and every time the source URL is triggered an automatic redirect to the target URL is done. (I’d really like to have this feature though).

You could do it in the Third-Party Scripts (/configuration/third-party-scripts), using some Javascript. As I’m not a developer I can’t give any guarantee regarding the following code so please treat it very carefully (or maybe other users can provide better code):

<script>
var redirects = {
'source url' : 'target url'
};
Object.keys(redirects).forEach(function(key) {
if (window.location.href.indexOf(key) !== -1) {
window.location.href = redirects[key];
}
});
</script>