Solved

How to clear topic flag/reported status?

• 14 January 2019
  • 12 replies

Once someone takes action on a reported topic or post, how do I clear the flag and remove it from the list?

If there's a way to do it, it doesn't seem readily apparent to me.
icon

Best answer by Julian 13 November 2019, 10:30

View original

12 replies

Hi @Drew C. We had the same issue on our community, I think @timcavey reported it to Support.....!

Not sure if they've replied yet.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

normally the flag of a post should be removed immediately after someone has opened this topic in control. I double-checked and it seems to be an issue.

@OVOdarran Thanks for the hint. I have found the ticket for this in our system, so your report already has made us aware of it. I just got the news that this will be fixed today (yay)!

I'll update you guys once I have the confirmation that it's working again.

Cheers,

Julian
Hi @Julian,

I just got the news that this will be fixed today (yay)!

I'm still having trouble getting reported posts to drop off of the list. Has this issue actually been resolved?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Drew,

I had a look at it and it seems that there are two seperate issues:

• One issue was when the opening post had been reported. This has been fixed as far as I know.
  • A second issue (which I was not aware of) was regarding responses. I am checking with our product team to see what's the status here.

I will give you another update tomorrow when I know more about the second item.

Cheers,

Julian
Thanks, Julian!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
So I checked again with the team and indeed we still found some things. My colleagues are looking at it once more, hopefully they will find a final fix soon.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Julian
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi guys!

Better late then never, I can inform you that this bug finally has been fixed completely. It took us quite a while in this specific case, unfortunately there was no way around it.

Bascially, the solution of this issue was being blocked for a long time by another larger piece of work that needed to be complete beforehand and involved work from the product design team to make the required changes.

Hope that everything now works again as expected, if there are questions or issues just let me know!

Hi Julian,

Yesterday I got my first flagged topic. I've opened the topic, took action, but a day later the flag is still there. How do I get it removed?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Tessel,

apologies, I was sick the last couple of days, so I am only seeing this now… I will have a look at it and get back to you - normally the flag should be removed, let’s see what’s going on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Tessel,

I am having issues trying to find the exact comment that has been reported - I can see that a comment from this user has been deleted, however it is not visible in the thread anymore. Did you move it somewhere else, or did you simply “trash” it in the control environment?

Usually, when you visit the topic and are browsing on the page where a comment has been flagged, it should automatically remove the flag as well...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Tessel,

a colleague of mine actually gave me the tip that I was wrong with my earlier comment - the functionality has changed here lately. If content has been flagged, you need to “unflag” it yourself by clicking on the button underneath the post:

Once you have clicked this button, the flag will be removed. :)

Hi Julian,

If the content that has been flagged is spam, should marking it as spam also unflag the content? If I unflag something that has already been removed/marked as spam, what happens?