Question

how often you change out your community content on the home page?

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey there, 

My team and I are wanting to know how often you change out your community content on the home page? (featured topics, trending topics, webinars, events, etc..)

• 1 week?
  • 2 weeks?
  • Months?

We have a lot of content that we want to show and share. But want to make sure we leave it up long enough for community members to see. 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

My personal POV is that it’s important to show your users that “this is a place where things are happening” so I’d say at least weekly. 

It sounds like you have a lot of content/events, so I’d recommend showing a mix of what’s upcoming and what’s newest. 

Get in the beta of the Dynamic content widget if you’re not already. 

Badge +1

Agree with @DannyPancratz on weekly as well. I have a few things that end up sitting a couple weeks, but I try to change SOMETHING at least every week.

Haven’t heard about this widget, but I’ll ask my rep too!

Weekly typically and sometimes over the course of the week. We try to keep things fresh and a sense of change and evolution vs. it feeling static. Even sometimes just changing “how” it is presented can shift engagement and make things feel new.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Home page, you mean .com or community home page?

We update .com homepage once per week. Updating the community home varies, sometimes I update it daily, sometimes once per week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Between the ‘featured content’ and top announcement ribbons I could change it more than once per week to highlight latest stuff.

Also started a weekly roundup of the Community publication.