Solved

How do you create the example below on your community homepage?

• 15 December 2020
  • 9 replies

How do you create the example below on your community homepage? And I would like to make a combination of the latest ideas and questions.

See the following example of the Miro Community. Ps. Nice job! 

Source: https://community.miro.com/

icon

Best answer by Ebbe 16 December 2020, 10:02

View original

9 replies

I think it’s the featured topics (moderator tags) widget, which can be found under customize. Altough Insided doesn’t recommend using this widget. More can be found here → 

Regards,
Ebbe

Why do you not recommend it? 

Since we have the new Idea module, the new ideas are no longer between recently active. Because of this, there is just less traffic to our idea section. This is a real disadvantage of the new module. In addition, I am looking for ways to bring the idea section back into the spotlight. 

It’s not me that doesn’t recommend this. I’ve just red in in the article about featured topics. It looks like the only reason not to use it is because there are limited capabilities. 

I understand you want to highlight the idea section. I use the ‘quick links’ feature for doing this. Maybe it’s something that works for you as well. 

Thank you for thinking along! We also use Quick Links on our community, but I notice that Community Members are really asking why it is no longer between Recently Active. A Quick Link is an extra action to get to the ideas section, where Recently Active Community Members can see the latest topics. 

Great, I saw you received good news:sunglasses:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I want to point out that the "old” way of featuring topics via Moderator Tags will not work with ideas, mostly as this is a legacy feature. I tested this just to be sure.

Alternatively, our new way to feature topics (via adding such a widget via customization mode) will work just fine and also be much more powerful. Not just that it is easier to manage (you don't have to work in the topic/idea itself but can just copy the url into the widget), you also have the benefit of a dedicated button which you can point to your ideation category - something the old way of featuring does not support.

As much activity on inSpired is also happening in our ideation section, I surely feel the same about having less visibility via the “recently active” tab - so I am also happy to hear that this will be added very soon.

As an additional measurement, you could also think about to add a temporary HTML widget in the homepage / topic sidebar to promote your ideation category. This will add visibility until the mentioned feature will be made available in a couple of weeks. Of course, should you need help with setting this up, I am happy to assist.

I want to point out that the "old” way of featuring topics via Moderator Tags will not work with ideas, mostly as this is a legacy feature. I tested this just to be sure.

Alternatively, our new way to feature topics (via adding such a widget via customization mode) will work just fine and also be much more powerful. Not just that it is easier to manage (you don't have to work in the topic/idea itself but can just copy the url into the widget), you also have the benefit of a dedicated button which you can point to your ideation category - something the old way of featuring does not support.

As much activity on inSpired is also happening in our ideation section, I surely feel the same about having less visibility via the “recently active” tab - so I am also happy to hear that this will be added very soon.

As an additional measurement, you could also think about to add a temporary HTML widget in the homepage / topic sidebar to promote your ideation category. This will add visibility until the mentioned feature will be made available in a couple of weeks. Of course, should you need help with setting this up, I am happy to assist.

Hi Julian, it would indeed be nice to get some help with this, thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I can work on a default template for everyone to use, but also will try to have a version that matches your community. I will share it here before the weekend.

Badge

I can work on a default template for everyone to use, but also will try to have a version that matches your community. I will share it here before the weekend.

Nice, thanks @Julian :relaxed:  

Any estimates on when this will be added? :relaxed: