Config Snapshot for Rules - Request for ideas and feedback

Related products: None

Hi All,

Config Snapshot is a great feature to get a full summary of the org/instance. We are looking for great ideas and feedback that shall help improve Config Snapshot for Rules Engine and make Gainsihgt Admin's day job easy!

I am opening up this conversation and looking for feedback that will help Product and all customers. Feel free to share your ideas on formatting, data completeness and what more questions it should have answers.

---

There has been some feedback already and I'm linking those conversations here:

Hello Ankit,

I would say a Timeline Sheet in the Snapshot would be helpful for rule runs. Also given the list of rule names in the sheet it should be able to filter/group by the same search attributes allowed in the UI, would make sure to add descriptions as well.

Each rule in the sheet to have hyperlinks to the real rule for ease of navigation. A sheet for rules with fails or issues with their most recent error message.

Some of my dreamy thoughts 😃
Absolutely. I was thinking on the same line to have following:

Execution History / Timeline: Should show last 10-20 days of execution history be available as a sheet so that it is easy to create a report and analyze executions. e.g. Rule Name, Status, Time taken, Wait time, # of records fetched, action status, execution date, etc.

There have been an ask about this: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/report-on-rule-execution-results
Ankit, is there any reason why this is an internal post, instead of a public one where customers can comment?