Question

How can you customize a sidebar for a particular subcategory?

• 2 August 2021
  • 5 replies

How can you customize a sidebar for a particular subcategory?

I have a scenario where for a particular subcategories I need to have certain objects in side panel, which I only want to be visible there since they are relevant only for that subcategory. Is there a way to do that?

5 replies

Hi @Aliya 

This feature is not yet available in our platform; however, there is an idea here. and I would recommend voting on it, as our product team prioritizes votes for product innovation. 

You may be able to create a sidebar widget with custom HTML code. Users have discussed what they’ve created in the idea thread below:

@Aliya I forgot to mention, there are some customizable options for the side bar located in the control center. Please navigate to the following: 

Control > Customization > Side bar. 

@Aliya I forgot to mention, there are some customizable options for the side bar located in the control center. Please navigate to the following: 

Control > Customization > Side bar. 

Thank you, I voted for the idea, it is more for having custom sidebar for a topic not a category, but that might work too. 

I am aware of this menu customization->sidebar . Can i customize it there to show only on the particular categories? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@olimarrio @bas might a solution for this be what we’re discussing in 

Could you do the same third party script approach that only displays the widget if the window location href contains the base the URL for the category? Is contains (or something like it) an option? 

Badge +1

Yeah, you could indeed do something very similar.

There is always a risk with TPS that things might stop working, that’s because they aren’t covered by our test suites and the HTML structure isn’t guaranteed to stay the same. So it’s always good to design it in a robust way, so that if it fails, it fails in a graceful way.