Solved

How can I activate the mega menu in the "ideation" section?

• 19 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I found out that I can customize the ideation homepage. But I can’t find the mega menu when I try to add widgets to the page.

In the inSpired ideation section it looks like you guys built a clone of the mega menu (without the search bar) but didn’t activate the actual mega menu. So does this mean that the mega menu can’t be activated in ideation?

icon

Best answer by Julian 22 February 2021, 14:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for raising this here!

Currently, as the feature is still in Beta, inSided has to activate the mega menu for you on your community on request. We have plans to change this very soon as this feature is reaching maturity and adoption levels which give us confidence everything is working as expected.

One thing that we still need to improve is that the mega menu, once activated, is being visible in the new Ideation module as well as in the new Product Updates module. As these are more seperate modules, the mega menu was not working there by default. Improvements like these will most likely come very soon as we want to finalize everything and fully release those modules.

I can manually activate the mega menu in these modules for you already, then you should be able to use this menu also within Ideation!

Badge

I can manually activate the mega menu in these modules for you already, then you should be able to use this menu also within Ideation!

Thank you for the detailed feedback. And thank you for activating the mega menu!

Hello @bjoern_schulze I wanted to let you know that we solved this beta limitation. From now on, when you configure the Mega Menu on the homepage, it will apply to all pages including the ideation and Product update overview pages :)