Question

HMTL editing bug

• 18 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I must admit the tool to edit the HTML code on ‘email templates’ is driving me crazy. There are two main issues with it that make my life quite difficult:

1. Often times it freezes and it doesn’t let me choose a specific line or word, making it almost impossible to edit. Basically when I try to edit some piece of code but the cursor goes to 2 lines above :disappointed_relieved:

2. When I copy-paste a piece of code I never get the same text :fearful: It only pastes half of it or a random section. 

I don’t know if this is happening to more folks using the platform, but it’s making email editing very challenging. 

PS: it also happens when trying to edit front end HTML widgets. 

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Gabolino, Our apologies for the delayed reply on your question! We have not encountered the behaviour you described, but we can definitely look into this together. I will escalate your question to our support team and they will get in contact with you to figure out what’s causing this unpleasant experience. 

Badge

Hi @Gabolino, Our apologies for the delayed reply on your question! We have not encountered the behaviour you described, but we can definitely look into this together. I will escalate your question to our support team and they will get in contact with you to figure out what’s causing this unpleasant experience. 

Hi Cristina, here’s a video where it shows the issue (also happening on HMTL widgets)

https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDuwL9W9

Also happening to my colleagues > we all work with MacBook Air. 

Badge

Also, appreciate if someone could edit the title of my thread to “HMTL editing bug”. 

Badge +1

This is really helpful, thank you for the video! We’ll follow up with you shortly from our support email address. 

Badge

Cheers, thanks @Cristina 

Badge

This bug (1) is still happening right.
From what I can see opening most HTML editors within InSided with content already saved in it results in a buggy cursor behavior, (1 line up or so) until something is entered…
I’ve noticed my going back and forth into these has resulted in me adding a space at the end of the first line as soon as I enter in order to stop the issue from happening.
This was indeed particularly consistent in System Emails. (Macbook with Chrome).