Hitting 'Double enter' between paragraphs

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m noticing more and more of my users are using hitting ‘double enter’ for more space between paragraphs. Is this something I can fix when hitting a ‘single enter’? or is it just my OCD?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is driving me nuts too. It’s because when you’re in the editor, it LOOKS like you should add more space. I tried changing some CSS to increase the paragraph spacing on the front-end but then it adds even more space when users still (inevitably) hit enter twice.

Please can we make it such that nobody will think they need to add extra line breaks between paragraphs? Thanks!

Badge

+1 Sometimes I go in and remove the extra line breaks because it looks so bad. 

Badge

This is happening on all inSided communities, it seems. The default margins for paragraphs, large headings and small headings are small or non-existent, that’s why a lot of users (and moderators) add empty paragraphs.

I fixed this in one of my communities by overruling the default CSS. That’s the custom CSS I used:

/* Text body paragraph margin adjustment */

p
{margin-bottom: 16px} /* doubles the margin under a paragraph from the default 8px to 16px */

.post__content
{margin-top: 16px; margin-bottom: 16px} /* adds 8px of margin at the beginning of a post and lowers the margin at the end of a post to have less whitespace */

.post__content.post__content--new-editor h2,
.post__content.post__content--new-editor h3
{margin-bottom: 4px;} /* adds a 4px margin under every heading within the text body */

Please use this carefully as I can’t guarantee for this CSS to work on your community.