Solved

Hide number of replies against a user when posting

• 6 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

Is it possible to hide the number of replies against a user when they are posting? i.e. the count highlighted below:

I’ve read you can do this using the phrases, but I’m not sure which phrase and how. I’m assuming it is one of the below?

Thank you!

Ellie

icon

Best answer by tom.shaddock 10 January 2023, 15:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Interesting. Hmm, should I do the same to our community. Hmm.

Anyways, I am looking forward to read the instructions.

Badge +1

I’d be interested to know why you’d want to highlight this piece of social proof?

That said, if you’d want to, I suggest you look into a snippet of custom CSS.

Something like this:
.post__user__meta ul.text--meta li:nth-child(3) {

display: none;

}

I’d be interested to know why you’d want to highlight this piece of social proof?

Something like this:
.post__user__meta ul.text--meta li:nth-child(3) { display: none; }

Following our Community beta, we got a lot of feedback that it was confusing for some users. They saw x number of replies and thought it was referring to the number of replies on the topic, not the number of replies the user had made. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Following our Community beta, we got a lot of feedback that it was confusing for some users. They saw x number of replies and thought it was referring to the number of replies on the topic, not the number of replies the user had made.

We havent got feedback but I can imagine it is confusing. And it is in place where you see it easily, you can say it is in pretty important place so you can assume this info is important for me (as a reader). But actually it isnt important info.

Can you move it to another place?

Something like this:
.post__user__meta ul.text--meta li:nth-child(3) { display: none; }

Hi,

We have entered this custom css (thank you) though it only seems to have worked for the forum pages, not the ideation or product updates. Please could you help provide the css we would need to remove it from these two areas as well?

Thank you!

Ellie

Hi @ellie.jordan.rh just jumping in here as @bas is out on vacation this week, i’ve added a couple more elements to this CSS now. You can give this try:

.post__user__meta ul.text--meta li:nth-child(3), 
body.twig_page-product-update .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2),
body.twig_page-idea .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2), body.twig_page-idea .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2){
}

Also just a disclaimer that this code isn’t future proofed against possible platform updates and might need updating should we release a platform change that negatively affects it 🙂

Hi @ellie.jordan.rh just jumping in here as @bas is out on vacation this week, i’ve added a couple more elements to this CSS now. You can give this try:

.post__user__meta ul.text--meta li:nth-child(3), 
body.twig_page-product-update .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2),
body.twig_page-idea .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2), body.twig_page-idea .post__user__meta > ul > li:nth-child(2){
}

Also just a disclaimer that this code isn’t future proofed against possible platform updates and might need updating should we release a platform change that negatively affects it 🙂

Thank you, this has done what we needed!

Kind regards

Ellie