Question

Help Designing the MVP of my Community

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I am just getting started with Insided, and I’m new to community, but I’ve been in marketing a LONG time.

I’m trying to figure out best practices for creating 1.0 of my community on Insided. I am building a community to help enable our customers by providing educational content, best practices, tips and tricks and the ability to interact with each other. 

Is there an MVP roadmap for what different areas I need for launch? I am looking at some established communities and it is causing me anxiety!😱

2 replies

Badge

Howdy @LisaClar !

Welcome to inSpired! :)

You’ve reached Blastoise186, one of the Super Users on the OVO Forum. I don’t have access to Control anywhere myself, but I’m a dab hand at a lot of stuff!

There’s no particular “Roadmap” as such, it’s ultimately down to your creativity as to what you’re after. inSpired is a good starting point to get some ideas, but the OVO Forum is also a good one. You can reach it via https://forum.ovoenergy.com . I’ll see if @timcavey is around, as he’ll be able to give you some pointers.

But as a start, I’d recommend trying out these Modules based on what you’ve described:

• Community - which is of course, crucial to doing anything!
  • Knowledgebase - where you can share support articles like this one
  • Product Updates - new product releases? blog posts? Big launch announcements? This is the place!
  • Groups - works brilliantly for things like giving Super Users a private space! Plus it also lets you have special places for more focused discussions like testing out new products or doing research

You might want to explore Ideation and Events later, but it’s best to get the basics going first because:

• Ideation works best if you can get your product teams involved
  • Events doesn’t apply to everyone

Could you fill in your Profile here by any chance? We might be able to give you some more advice if we know where to find your community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @LisaClar 👋,

You might find this blog post helpful when you’re thinking about what to prioritise when setting up your community:

How to launch a successful community

90-Day community: Happily ever after the first 10 customers

Don’t be overwhelmed when looking at more mature communities, Rome wasn’t built in a day! If you have any doubts, check in with your CSM who will be able to guide and advise you 😁