Solved

forward events in Outlook calendar

• 13 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Hi,

our customers use the Microsoft Suite and therefore also Outlook calendar.
We would therefore not like to take over the events in the Google calendar via iCal, but need the opportunity to save the appointments in an Outlook calendar.
Is that already possible?

Thx, Cathleen

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 14 December 2022, 10:52

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Cathleen 👋,

Unfortunately that’s not currently possible but it’s a very valid feature request. I can see you’ve already voted on the existing idea to add this functionality for Outlook users:

I’ll check internally with our Product team to see if this can be fit in with the upcoming improvements to the Event module.

Hi @olimarrio 
thank you for the response!
We would be very happy if this would be possible with the event module in the future.
Using Microsoft 365 is standard for business purposes, becaucse the data security is better.

Best regards,
Cathleen

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’ve just been informed it’s scoped to also support Outlook Calendar and Apple Calendar with the coming improvements 😁

That's perfect, thank you!
@olimarrio  can you give us a timeline of when we can expect it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Our engineering team’s favourite question 😅

It’s a tricky one to answer as priorities can shift and there are a lot of other improvements scheduled alongside this, so I don’t want to make a promise here that we cannot keep. The conservative answer is H1 next year but we will of course do our best to get this released as soon as we can!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve just been informed it’s scoped to also support Outlook Calendar and Apple Calendar with the coming improvements 😁

Hi @olimarrio  Any news on this feature being available. I’m about to start adding lots more events to my community and this would certainly help.
Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @olimarrio  Any news on this feature being available. I’m about to start adding lots more events to my community and this would certainly help.
Thanks

Hi @sarahmasterton-brown 👋,

This is still in scope for the upcoming Events module improvements. Unfortunately, these improvements have been delayed slightly as we hit a few issues with our Email Campaigns functionality. Once Email Campaigns have been connected to the Segments functionality, we’ll then be starting the improvements to Events, so this feature is still on the near-term roadmap.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @olimarrio  Any news on this feature being available. I’m about to start adding lots more events to my community and this would certainly help.
Thanks

Hi @sarahmasterton-brown 👋,

This is still in scope for the upcoming Events module improvements. Unfortunately, these improvements have been delayed slightly as we hit a few issues with our Email Campaigns functionality. Once Email Campaigns have been connected to the Segments functionality, we’ll then be starting the improvements to Events, so this feature is still on the near-term roadmap.

Thanks for the honest open response @olimarrio In the meantime, I’m asking my members to register directly in Zoom and they can then receive the Outlook invite that way.

Userlevel 2

Hi @olimarrio ,

do you have an update on this feature? We are using MS Outlook, too. And we are planning to create more and more events in our community. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Eva 👋,

Yes this is still on the roadmap. Unfortunately the Events improvements we had planned last year had to be reprioritised but these are now currently being worked on by our Product and Engineering teams so you’ll see Outlook calendar functionality in the coming months.