Solved

Formatting through API does not populate

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

• 0 replies

I’m using the POST /productUpdates/create endpoint to create a product update and publishing it through the POST /productUpdates/{id}/publish endpoint.  When I include a new line (
) in the POST /productUpdates/create content field, I noticed that this formatting is missing when the post is published. 

Here’s an example of content field that I’m sending through the API: "- Example of item 1
- Example of item 2
- Example of item 3" 

I have also tried “
” as well and same result.

This is what I’m seeing after it has been published.

Is it possible to format new lines when sending the content body to the API? Can each of those “-” be formatted as a bullet point as well through the API?

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 27 July 2022, 14:30

View original

3 replies

Hi @Tina,

I’m going to escalate this post to our support team, as the content seems pretty technical. they should be in touch soon! 

Hi @Jeanie Lee,

We are struggling with the same issue, when trying to migrate the content from our existing system to Insided via POST API. On destination i.e. Insided, the content formatting is completely lost, making it hard to read.

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @varunna 👋,

@Tina raised a support ticket at the time of writing this but the resolution was that the API supports HTML so you will be able to format using this, rather than Markdown.

Let us know if you need any extra help.

Thanks 😁