Question

Events Widget

• 8 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I want to use the events widget to create a sense of exclusivity on the Community, whereby only registered members would be able to see the events widget displayed. 

My question is, is it possible in the Events Widget settings to make this visible to certain people or certain group of people. Similarly, how this is possible for the point based leader boards, whereby you can exclude particular groups from appearing in them. 

It would be great if there was a function which would allow us to only have the event widget visible to registered members and not just anyone who goes on to the community page. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Emil,

thanks, this is really good feedback! We already mentioned in our previous roadmap updates that we want to enable you to give your users are more personal, customized experience.

Your use cases are, as far as I can tell, a very good fit with our vision of a personalized experience. Customizing widgets so that only particular user groups can see them on the homepage is something that we are actively investigating.

Initially we wanted to have personalization already available by now, however due to the Covid-19 impact we decided to prioritize other features. Nevertheless, we plan to continue to work on / deliver this in the upcoming quarter. So make sure to keep an eye on our community, as we probably will share all details here first once we are closer to the release.