Solved

Event timezone

Why aren't all timezones available being displayed in the event's timezone drop down list? I'm looking for UTC - 03:00 and I can't seem to find it. 

icon

Best answer by Cristina 21 April 2022, 17:59

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I have spoken to colleagues and the reason for this is that we mainly have customers in EU & US timezones, if we were to include all the list would become very long.

Having said that, we are happy to include this timezone in the list, also any other timezone which you think should be included. That is no problem for us at all.

@Julian I just realized that even though I created events on UTC -4, when I check out the event date and time at the events section it displays the time based on my browser timezone. 

Could we have non-Europe / Americas time zones? Kinda restricts us who don’t live in those areas. When I search for Pacific, I only get one option of Hawaii??

Badge

Hey there @greig.strafford.community .Welcome to inSpired!

I think that’s a good one for an Idea, but possibly in a slightly different form. Do you have access to the Ideas area here? If so, please feel free to suggest it.

Hi, Ive just noticed the same issue. We will be hosting regular events in Australia and there are no relevant time zones. We have an event going live tomorrow that we need this for.

Not having Asia-Pacific time zones is a big problem for us to launch user groups and events.  I posted an idea on this here: 

Thanks @JKelley! I upvoted yesterday :grinning:

How are you managing this in the interim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

I have spoken to colleagues and the reason for this is that we mainly have customers in EU & US timezones, if we were to include all the list would become very long.

Having said that, we are happy to include this timezone in the list, also any other timezone which you think should be included. That is no problem for us at all.

@Julian all across the timezones needed, e.g., you cannot have India (UTC+5:30) drop off the map as well :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

thanks for letting me know! 🙂 I will share it with the team, it might actually be a quick-win to add a few more locations to make sure you can set up these timezones as well!

I don’t think anyone would be concerned that the list is long, it’s a one time selection to set up an event.

Hi there, 

Question - I’m creating a post for our in person meeting in Utah, which starts at 9am local time. But when I posted the event on the site, it shows my browser timezone - which is EST, 11am. I think this might be confusing for our east coast attendees. Is there anyway this banner can be displayed as the local time which states 9am MST, instead of changing that to 11am. 

The change of time would only make sense for online events. But since all the attendees will be traveling to Utah and change to MST, it would make sense just to provide them the local event time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Julian would it be possible to enable this quickly. 

@jingqi.wu were you able to get a fix for this? curious to know if thats something we can do, as i’d imagine there are a number of in-person events that we’ll promote and it would be confusing for some audiences. 
If you ended up creating an idea for it, let me know and I’ll upvote! 

Badge +1

A quick update from us regarding the missing time zones - we have added the complete list of time zones on the Event creation page in Control → under the Event timezone picker