Solved

Email button link

• 7 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is anyone able to change the link for all the email buttons? Im not sure where in the code I need to change it!

Problem: when a customer gets the email, they try to press the button and it takes them to the backend of the community where it says the link doesn't work. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 April 2022, 23:40

View original

5 replies

@Katie_ray you can make all the changes in the Email > System Emails section in Control.

Find the email you want to change, click Edit

In the default templates you’ll see the button sections commented. Depending on which email you’re editing these may be different variables. For example in the Activate your account  email the variable should be:

{activation_url}

While in the @ mention email the variable would be:

{post_url}

These are the default templates:

Hi there! Hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this thread but I am trying to resolve a system email -html code issue :)

I am hoping to personalize the ‘New reply’ email to include the authorname in the subject line (screenshot below). I am certainly no html expert and trying to self help so I can stop asking other team members for assistance. 

Can anyone advise on what I am doing incorrectly with the code here?

Thanks! If there’s a post on this that I am missing, happy to be directed :)

@ryanne.perry the variable can be selected in the system emails page. It is called {author_username}

Thank you @Scott Baldwin is there supposed to be a drown down? I am only see topic title 

@ryanne.perry your screenshot is showing the dropdown and available variable(s) for the subject. Below that you’ll see another drop down that will show the available variables for the email. The variable per email vary so rely on the dropdown to see what you can/can’t do.

Here’s what it looks like: