Editing topic/article labels

• 7 June 2019
  • 9 replies

When I create an article with content-type labels like "blog" or "how-to", and go to edit them later, it seems I can only delete them but not edit, nor add them to an article without any.

Is there a way to do that?

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

this should be no problem, actually. Maybe you are overlooking the option to do this? It is only possible to edit this in the control environment, you can find this in the top-right corner:

• If there is a label, you can delete it (and add a new one if you like to)
  • If there is no label, you can add one (field will be empty like in the screenshot above)

Please let me know if this does not answer your questions, or if you are running into issues! 🙂

Thanks @Julian - I don't have this option in my control screen, though I'm assigned an admin role. Is there a setting I need to enable first? Or do I need a different role?

Furthermore, how could I add to the existing list? I use "how-to" often but it does not appear in the list when I write a new article and I have to type it manually every time.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

in this screen you do not have this feature, as this is a "regular" discussion topic. These labels can only be added to topics which have been created as articles.

For your other question: Usually you should see the previous entries as soon as you click in to the field. To be honest I have not checked if this is being done by your browser (detecting you already filled in this field before) or done by our community. Unless you delete your cache this should just work...

Please have a look if you can add them in the article creation page (and if the behaviour matches my description) and let me know in case there are still issues.

I see that I can add a new Article Label that isn’t a part of the standard suite of options, but is it possible to save the newly added label so that it’s added to the dropdown options in the future? 

Badge

@Michael Unfortunately, that’s not possible at the moment. I wish it was an option to customize the article labels for every community.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

These are the default labels. Can I delete them some how?

Badge

@revote You can’t remove or edit the default labels at this moment.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@revoteYou can’t remove or edit the default labels at this moment.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@revoteYou can’t remove or edit the default labels at this moment.

Definitely much needed… hence made @nicksimard and @Eva’s comments on this thread into an idea thread of it’s own