Solved

Does the Tag Cloud honor permissions and does it change on category pages?

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve tried testing this and getting slightly odd results that I can’t prove or dis-prove so asking for assistance. 

• Does the tag cloud on the home page honor permissions and hide tags that are in Categories that a user doesn’t have permission to? 
  • On a category or sub-category page - does the Tag Cloud only show tags from within that category?  Or is it still pulling from the whole community? 
  • The Tags when in “create new topic” .. where do they pull from? Is it permission based? 
icon

Best answer by Yoeri 3 March 2021, 14:35

View original

3 replies

Bumping and hoping @Yoeri maybe can help? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Dorothy,

Does the tag cloud on the home page honor permissions and hide tags that are in Categories that a user doesn’t have permission to? 

Afaik it doesn’t check for permissions because public tags can be added to any content (both public and private) so there’s a big chance that a tag is assigned to public content

On a category or sub-category page - does the Tag Cloud only show tags from within that category?  Or is it still pulling from the whole community? 

This is pulling from the whole community

The Tags when in “create new topic” .. where do they pull from? Is it permission based? 

It does a recommendation based on the topic title you put it. This is not permission based

ok - I’ll create an Idea since I really this looses some important functionality for Category and Sub C pages