Question

Distorted images when sharing articles to LinkedIn

• 5 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi there,

When I share articles from our community on LinkedIn, the preview image of the post looks out of whack. These articles have a header image of 1440x640 as recommended by InSided but that sizing doesn’t seem to translate well once shared to social. 

I’ve tried resizing within LinkedIn itself/changing the preview image but am unable to do so on my personal account. 

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas? TY!

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When I share our articles to the LinkedIn it looks totally different:

I wish they looks like this:

Sorry, but I cant help you. I dont know why our shares looks different than yours.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey everyone!

We were able to find a much better solution for LinkedIn previews after @LizZaps submitted a support ticket about it yesterday. The issue is that the preview images are not always consistent. LinkedIn also has some different image size/ratio options that can change the original image - more information can be found here:

https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a566445/customize-the-image-and-title-of-a-linkedin-page-post-thumbnail?lang=en

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fully-comprehensive-linkedin-size-guide-images-video-sarah-clay

However, the best solution I believe is simply adding an image on LinkedIn when posting:

Then you can simply edit the image how you like it and add the link for the topic/event. I think it looks much better this way.

Try it out and let me know later your thoughts! @revote @LizZaps 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I wish they looks like this:

This looks pretty nice tho, but I’m assuming the image on this article is a totally different ratio. Could you send me this article here so I can check?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks @leo-inspired. Yeah that workaround works ok and I can use it, no problem. 
But there are other users as well who might share our content to LinkedIn, they dont know this and I think they dont have to know it - they just share the content and that’s about it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This looks pretty nice tho, but I’m assuming the image on this article is a totally different ratio. Could you send me this article here so I can check?

Here you go https://suomimobiili.fi/motorola-esitteli-huippuluokan-lenovo-thinkphone-alypuhelimen

As I am about to launch our new Community and ask everyone to share links to posts on Social Media, FB, TW & LI all look terrible, this is definitely not something I can explain to every Community user!  At the very least, is there a way to change the default image that is shared?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

At the very least, is there a way to change the default image that is shared?

Have you looked this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@A11ey Sorry to hear about this issue.

Could you please send an email to our support desk at support@insided.com and send us this image? Should be better in private so we can help you setting up this image correctly for your LinkedIn posts.

@leo-inspired  I got it figured out!    Thanks @revote for the link!