Community Newsletter Ideas?

• 12 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We’re planning to start sending our Community members a quarterly newsletter. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this, and if so, what worked well? If anyone’s willing to share a sample of their newsletter, I’d be interested to see that too!

So far, we’re planning to include recently implemented ideas that originated on the Community, ideas from Community that will be released in the next few months, recent solutions/best practice discussion posts, member spotlight for some of our most engaged users, and info on our on-going product Q &A office hours.

The hope is that the newsletter will encourage disengaged users to come back to Community.

4 replies

Hi @lila_meyer,

We have been sending a two-weekly newsletters since the start of our community and it is still working well for us. We're using it differently than you suggested though. Our newsletters include topics from members, a free article from our side and company updates. If you could send me your e-mailadres I would be happy to share an example (in Dutch :wink: ). 

A while ago, we personally invited disengaged users to a conversation to find out what was the reason they decided to leave our community. A few let us know that they simply didn't want to join or didn't have any time to put in, but a large group left because of certain issues. A lot of these issues were fixable, and so these members came back, and some of them are even super-users now. I think this is a great way to get in contact and learn from your users, and most of them really appreciate the personal touch.

Curious to know how your newsletter is set up?  Is it generated via Insided or some other platform?  It’s not clear to me how this could work without being super manual and folks can manage their subscription to it.  thanks for any ideas!

We are looking into doing this as well. Would love more insight on how you are sending them @Monique 

We are looking to have our top ideas, best practice articles, new enhancements, what's coming, and spotlighting. 

Wonder if the new emailing campaign can help that is in beta testing. 

Badge

It’s nothing fancy but here’s the one I put together monthly for our community.

https://community.acumatica.com/acumatica-news-updates-2/what-you-may-have-missed-in-the-acumatica-community-july-2022-10830