Solved

Community Digest Email

Userlevel 2
  • Ready to take it to the next level
  • 8 replies posted

Like Quora sends you daily/weekly digested insights can we enable something like that to all community users out of the box? 

icon

Best answer by Scott Baldwin 17 July 2021, 20:55

Hi all,

Rather than wait, I sought out an update from my InSided CSM about this and here’s what they shared:

The post you are referring was an early reference to the email campaigns feature which is indefinitely postponed as communicated here: https://community.insided.com/product-updates/30. The guidance for now remains to find another way to send out these kinds of emails by exporting users from the community to make a list and then using a 3rd party email platform.

So this is dead now 💀 and looks like you’ll all need to find other options. 

Maybe @Julian or @Jeanie Lee can update the correct answer on this post to avoid future requests to get an update. 

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I like that idea! I used to get these kind of emails from the Feverbee community and I think it is a good way to remember users of the community and its value. Images are broken by now, but this is kind of how it looked like:

We do not have a feature yet to automatically send a digest to users - however I have seen that there is someting coming soon which will hopefully enable you to do something like that. I don’t want to spill the beans too soon, as this is a work-in-progress and some things might change. But hopefully we will be able to share some news in this direction with you in the next few weeks. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Also, this idea is related, but a little different. We’re asking for user’s to have the option to receive a summary digest of email notifs. instead of many individual emails. Check it out if you haven’t already! :smile:

Userlevel 1

I have seen that there is something coming soon which will hopefully enable you to do something like that. I don’t want to spill the beans too soon, as this is a work-in-progress and some things might change. But hopefully we will be able to share some news in this direction with you in the next few weeks. :)

I would love to see a similar feature.
Are there any updates on this? 😇

We’d love to see this also—this is something that Influitive was really good at and the email digests were great at driving engagement!

Hi @Julian any news on this one?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

+1 would love to get an update

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another +1 for an update! :grin:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Scrolling through this - 

“Oh awesome! This post saying there is something coming soon was 11 months ago. There must be something now!” 

“Oh, okay - checking in 2 months ago. That’s not good.” 

“7 days ago.. crap. There’s nothing, is there...” 

+1 for an update. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Scrolling through this - 

“Oh awesome! This post saying there is something coming soon was 11 months ago. There must be something now!” 

“Oh, okay - checking in 2 months ago. That’s not good.” 

“7 days ago.. crap. There’s nothing, is there...” 

+1 for an update. 

Always read the smallprint! :rofl: Especially before you sign on the dotted line. :sunglasses:

There is a workaround though. Sort of…

But yeah, it would be kinda nice to have this in the future.

100% need this! With you all on this one @Scott Baldwin @tiffany.oda I’m in soft launch mode and I am hearing this as a feature that is needed loud and clear. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In the meantime I’ve ended up leveraging our Announcements category and building out my digest there. While I can’t send it via email via inSided we will explore ways to do this outside of the platform. Frankly even having the option to be able to alert everyone in the community to new content and pull them back to read it would be better than nothing. It’s like we’re missing the equivalent of @everyone @here @channel like you have in Slack.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi all,

Rather than wait, I sought out an update from my InSided CSM about this and here’s what they shared:

The post you are referring was an early reference to the email campaigns feature which is indefinitely postponed as communicated here: https://community.insided.com/product-updates/30. The guidance for now remains to find another way to send out these kinds of emails by exporting users from the community to make a list and then using a 3rd party email platform.

So this is dead now 💀 and looks like you’ll all need to find other options. 

Maybe @Julian or @Jeanie Lee can update the correct answer on this post to avoid future requests to get an update.