Solved

Change the color of topic banner?

• 15 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Having a hard time finding where to change the color for the topic banner.

icon

Best answer by DannyPancratz 18 April 2022, 22:26

View original

9 replies

Badge

The end of this article covers this well: 

@SmartlyGreg 
I went to this article first and wasn't able to follow the same steps. Their instruction says the following; 

The following items are optional to do:

• Change the Featured topic background color in Control > Customization > Styling >  Colors (default color is your Brand color)

• Change the Featured topic text color in Control > Customization > Styling >  Colors(default color is white #ffffff)

I go to Control> Customization>…. But on my screen, there is no “Styling” option to choose. Here is a picture of my screen: 

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Hannah Bailey you should be able to access this on the front end in customize mode. It’ll be under Theme > Colors. Insided must have moved it there from where it was in Control. 

As the article states, the topic banner uses the color specified for as your Brand Color, so changing that color will change every area the Brand Color is used in your theme. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

If you don’t love that last part, please vote for this idea I just added. 

Badge

@Hannah Bailey my mistake. Assumed that was up to date when I saw they were talking about colour… I should have been more careful!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Hannah Bailey got this reply from @alfonsmr  on my idea for an interim solution to changing the color from what’s set as your Brand Color

I use custom CSS for that, this is my css for turning the bar red

.featuredBanner .banner-notification .box__content.box__pad {
background-color: #FF0000;
color: #fff;
text-align: left;
}

Hi @Hannah Bailey thanks for spotting this. I just update the KB article to show the up to date information on how to update the background color of the topic banner. 

@Hannah Bailey got this reply from @alfonsmr  on my idea for an interim solution to changing the color from what’s set as your Brand Color

I use custom CSS for that, this is my css for turning the bar red

.featuredBanner .banner-notification .box__content.box__pad {
background-color: #FF0000;
color: #fff;
text-align: left;
}

This worked perfectly! Thank you @DannyPancratz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Hannah Bailey you should be able to access this on the front end in customize mode. It’ll be under Theme > Colors. Insided must have moved it there from where it was in Control. 

As the article states, the topic banner uses the color specified for as your Brand Color, so changing that color will change every area the Brand Color is used in your theme. 

Brand colour change (from Theme), only changing colour of content labels for me? Anyone got this working or… where to insert that bit of custom CSS?