Solved

Can we edit the copy of the 'flag' feature in Control?

• 27 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
We want the 'flag' feature to say 'Alert moderators', and teach our volunteers to use this for anything they want us to prioritise in our moderation.

A.) Can we edit this ourselves in the Forum setting section?

B.) Is this a good idea?
icon

Best answer by Julian 27 June 2019, 17:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey Tim!

Yes, this can be changed relatively easy actually, by using the "live-edit" feature (bottom-right corner):

Just follow these steps:

1. Activate live-edit
  2. Expand the context menu of a post
  3. Click on the "edit"-button next to the text
  4. Enter the new text in there and save the changes

I think you need admin rights for this if I check in this FAQ. Let me know if you have issues with it.

As to your second question, if this is a good idea or not: I am not sure. It could be that your users will use it too often for regular support questions, but I have never tried this myself. However my Super users also used to flag content to me via this feature, even if it was not something which needed to be moderated...

I am not sure which role volunteers have on your community. I later had a dedicated topic in a hidden category where my superusers would post links to comments - it is a bit more work for your users, however makes it a bit more managable in my opinion, also because real actual abuse reports will not run a risk of not being checked in time.

One final tip though: Also think about changing or optimizing the text in the actual formular. Should this not be possible via live-edit, then I can provide you with the "codes" to add the new text manually via the back-end.