Solved

Can users share links via private message?

• 10 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi there, 

Im sending private messages to users in our community with links to topics, but I realised I can’t hyperlink from the front end. This is an extract from my PM.

I know I can add hyperlinks via control as an admin, but that’s way too much work. Can this be done via the front end? and if no, why?

icon

Best answer by Marion Frecaut 15 December 2020, 17:56

View original

5 replies

Hello @Gabolino unfortunately there is no out of the box solution to add hyperlinks to private messages. There is a workaround however, it is explained in the pinned reply in that idea

Badge

Hello @Gabolino unfortunately there is no out of the box solution to add hyperlinks to private messages. There is a workaround however, it is explained in the pinned reply in that idea

Thanks Marion. Im using that workaround but it’s fiddly and adds a tone of work to sending DMs. Hope you add that functionality, it’’ll make things much easier for community builders. 

Hi! I’d love to know what the workaround is but the linked idea above goes to a 404 page. Can anyone point me to the solution or let me know what it is?

@Marion Frecaut I’m also getting a 404 on the workaround link. Is there another post that includes a solution? Thank you!

Badge

Hiya @LizZaps and @danvers !

I think I’ve found the idea you were looking for. Can you try this link?