Solved

Can I get the result on the basis of keywords search ( questions API )

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone,

I have one requirement to create custom application from there We can search the question in insided using API(Provided by insided).

As I go through the API docs there is no such api for which I can get the result on the basis of keywords.

There is one api " GET /v2/questions?page=1&pageSize=25 HTTP/1.1
Host: api2-us-west-2.insided.com " which get the list of all question, I think to load the all question in our page and then apply filter is not a good architecture.

Could you please help on this.

icon

Best answer by tom.shaddock 14 October 2020, 13:45

View original

4 replies

Hi @deepkandpal so for this you would have to use the main /search endpoint which is available here (for US customers): https://api2-us-west-2.insided.com/docs/community/#operation/search this is the endpoint that allows for proper keyword search queries. The endpoint also has parameters that help search on tags and certain categories.

The return output of the API call has an attribute called contentType which you will have to then use to filter out the unwanted content types leaving only the questions remaining.

Thank You @tom.shaddock 

Hi @tom.shaddock , I’m wondering : does the /search endpoint also recover results from Zendesk in case we implemented the Insided <> Zendesk integration?

We did not migrate our Help Center to Insided yet and I’m wondering if there could be an intermediate solution to push content to our customers from both platforms via the Insided API only? (instead of integrating both or having to proceed to the migration beforehand)

Thanks

Hi @victorlacombe  apologies for the delay as i’ve been on annual leave. So to answer your question, the /search API endpoint will not return synced Zendesk results upon query. Its limited to just the data created on the community only.