Solved

Can I change how SSO populates the registration form?

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi guys,

My users are reporting that their email address is being populated into the username field when they register, which is an invalid username. Is there any way to ensure that the username field is left blank for the user to complete?

Also - when an error is thrown on this form ALL details are erased and the user has to start again. Is it possible to remember the user’s progress on filling out this form should they make a mistake?

icon

Best answer by Cristina 28 October 2021, 17:23

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Onomatopoeia! I can see in the logs that, in the user information we receive from your end, it’s being passed a “display_name” which has as a value the user’s email address. That’s being picked up by our platform as the username. For this particular issue, I would recommend reaching out to our Support team for further guidance on how the payload we’re receiving should be adjusted.

Unfortunately, the registration form is not remembering the entered details, it’s a functionality we don’t currently have. 

Badge

Cheers @Cristina - I’ve got our internal engineers on it but if we get stuck I’ll reach out :)