Question

(BUG?) Merging topics gives 404 on old link

• 14 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

We regularly merge topics because they are doubles or similair.

However, we just noticed that when doing so, the URL of the old topic gives a 404 if you use it….

This became clear when doing so and checking the old URL which was still being found in Google.

Is this a bug where the move action on the last reply in a topic (the real first topic post) does not trigger a redirect on the old url?

So far when changing titles, the URL changes, but the old URL will get a redirect.

This should also be for moving the last post of a topic to another topic right?

Right now this means you can't merge two topics completely. Therefore I would say this is a pretty ugly bug.

PS, in this topic it has been previously addressed by Darran, but the 30 seconds don’t apply here… This is still going on after a couple of hours.

Cheers,

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Ronald,

thanks a lot for reporting this. We are not aware of an issue here, however of course we are already testing if we can reproduce this issue.

We also see a 404 error on a moved topic which we have merged about 30 minutes ago. So we continue to test and see where it goes wrong. I will share more information with you as it comes in!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey,

quick update on this: Also after an hour, we still get the 404 error as well. We will continue to investigate this and get back to you once we have more info.

Hi @Julian @daniel.boon @xiaoyu-shen @Yoeri @Cristina how are you? At the moment merging a topic into another one does not work. There is no error message, it simply does not work. It occurs on our English and German Deezer Community. The issue must have started only a few minutes or hours ago. 

Could you please look into this? Thank you

Hi @Pia so it looks like there’s currently an issue with topic merge since last night that we’re looking into immediately - we’re hoping to have it resolved very soon, i’ll post an update here once I have some more info.

Hi @Pia im pleased to report we deployed the fix for this issue this morning - any more problems with it please let us know!

So as an update in the 404 part I made an idea about it now: https://community.insided.com/ideas/271#post7103

Cheers,