Solved

Articles: Does the amount of "views" include users who are not logged in?

• 13 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same as title.
Articles: Does the amount of "views" include users who are not logged in?

We want to measure how many of our customers have viewed certain content and we need to take this question into consideration. 

Also, Can you confirm that if a person views the same page twice, the views get counted again?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by bjoern_schulze 23 September 2021, 16:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Also I wanted to enquire whether the content of the following topic is still up-to-date:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@olimarrio do you have any answer on this? :)

Badge

The views is the number of times a page has been opened. So it doesn’t differentiate between anonymous and logged-in users and also counts multiple views of the same user as multiple views.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Fantastic, thanks a million! 😊

Badge

Hey @Daniele Cmty - I saw this question and was curious to know what you‘re looking to achieve with this view data / what actions you’re looking to take (I can imagine it’s a bit tedious going through multiple topics to get the view count).

Badge

The views is the number of times a page has been opened. So it doesn’t differentiate between anonymous and logged-in users and also counts multiple views of the same user as multiple views.

So this is also why there's a difference between the view data from Adobe Analytics and the viewcount from the topic itself. Good to know!

@amandamartin See this article for the question that came up on our last call.