Solved

APIs & permissions? (List Category rest api)

• 23 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Can someone clarify how permissions are handled via the API?  Our developer is specifically looking to understand how they are layered for the List Category rest api.

Here’s the use case if that helps.  We have created a custom script to look for questions that have gone unanswered for 2+ hours in select sub-categories.  It works great for public sub-categories, but restricted sub-categories are not returning in the list of categories.  

Is there any documentation or anything else we need to do to pick up questions from restricted sub-categories?

Thanks!

@dandre @mstruening FYI

icon

Best answer by alex.timmermann 29 April 2021, 15:44

View original

3 replies

Bumping this up - @tom.shaddock any thoughts here?

Or is there another API we should use for these type of requests with permissioned categories?

Hi @JKelley!

I assume you’re asking about the List Categories endpoint. As mentioned in our documentation, you need to pass the query string ?authorId=x, where x is the ID of a moderator with access to those categories. You can get that ID from the Control environment. 

Please let me know if that worked for you!

Thanks for the pointers @alex.timmermann!  I’ll run this by our dev team and circle back if there are any follow-on questions. cc @dandre