Anyone Tried to host a virtual Hackathon through their Community

• 13 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hello everyone, I was curious to know if anyone had tried to host or leverage their online community for a hackathon. I know these are very popular offline. I'm looking for ways to integrate our online community into those activities.

Questions:

• Have you ever run an online hackathon?
  • Have you used special software/website to do that?
  • Any ideas on how to integrate a hackathon into your community?

Thanks for sharing in advance, hoping others find this post useful.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey!

I have never hosted an online Hackathon on a community, however a couple times I actually took some of my users to a Hackathon. 🙂 I really like the idea though, I could see it working!

How would you imagine this, from an organizational point of view? Who would be participating (colleagues, users, or other people)?

Without knowing much about the context of this, I would rather do this in a private / closed subforum of the community. People would be invited or would have to apply on the community.

You could e.g. create a subforum per team, where they then could discuss all kinds of matters in there...

Interested to hear more about this!

Cheers,

Julian

Hi,we’re thinking about hosting a Hackathon in a community group once the new features are in place - anyone else with experience on hosting Hackathons as part of the inSided platform? Can any part of the Ideation Module be used for a Hackathon (other than moving the ideas here for everyone to vote on them after the Hackathon)? One idea is to use Classcraft together with Skilljar and inSided. The last post in the above thread is more than 3 years old so guessing some of you have looked into this since then:)

Hi @Julian would you have any experience to share now, on hosting Hackathons in the community?