Solved

Any Best Practice/Guidance on Renaming a Forum?

• 25 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello everyone,

I have a forum named after a product, and that product has recently changed names. There are about 60 topics in that forum and was wondering - is there a best practice or any guidance on how to handle a rename? Or am I just over thinking this and should just rename it.

I guess I will lose some SEO juice but not sure. Looking for your feedback and thanks
icon

Best answer by Ditte 26 February 2019, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey @aluciani

I'd just go for it. Google will catch up eventually, so the quicker, the better 🙂

Cheers,

Ditte
Badge
Thanks @Ditte - I'll do that 👍
Badge
oops - I meant to select @Ditte as 'best answer' if anyone from Insided that change that for me that would be appreciated.

cc @Julian
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hey!

What a coincidence, I was just looking at your question when you mentioned me... 😃 I "fixed" it now. :)

If it's only 60 topics, I would also go for it and change it.

You might lose some SEO power in short-term. However if you can assume that as of now users will search for the new name anyways, the value will decrease naturally if you leave it like it is.

The sooner you perform these changes, the faster your content will start building up new value and work against the decreasing value of your outdated content.

Cheers,

Julian