Question

Adding role to multiple users

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Is there a way to do a bulk add of a custom role to users? I have a role I want to give to multiple users and don’t want to do this one by one.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unfortunately this is currently only possible via api and not directly within the Control Environment - but it surely is something on our radar to be improved, as it keeps coming back as a request.

Depending on what you want to do, you can also automatically assign custom user roles via ranks: When users receive a certain rank, they will then receive a user role automatically with it. It might not help you in this situation, but I thought it is worth mentioning.

Should you have e.g. a couple of hundred users which should receive a custom user role, and you don’t have the means to do this via api, then I think our support team would also help you further and do it for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@aluciani just following on from what Julian said - this API call is the only way to achieve this: https://api2-us-west-2.insided.com/docs/user/#operation/addRole - you’d have to loop through and call it for each user you wanted to update the role of :smiley:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks for the help everyone. I’m going to pass on the API option for now.